Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I See Dead Teams

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, it has. And I'm not talking about the 9-0 drubbing the Sox took at the hands of the Oakland A's last night. I'm talking about the health of our Big Papi. Before the game last night, he was his jocular happy self. That is, until about an hour and a half before gametime. It was then, in the clubhouse, that he told WMP and Tito that his heart had started to go "BOOM BOOM BOOM" again, and that it was bothering him. He even was talking to his family on the cell phone. He's flying home to Boston today. Mike Timlin put it this way, and I agree completely. I'll be back later in the day. I really don't have anything more to say right now. I feel like the life has been sucked out of me. I end with Mike Timlin's quote. "This game is nothing compared to somebody's health, somebody's family. All I can do right now is pray for him." Why don't we all, Mike. Well said. Amen.

2 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 9:43 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

I think the whole team should just go on the DL and the Pawsox should play the rest of the games

 
At 8/30/2006 6:52 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Stranger things have happened, katiee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home