Friday, August 11, 2006

Doubles Troubles

Curt Schilling allowed only one single. But then there were the other ten hits, nine doubles and a lone home run. No, I didn't make that up, although it seems that the last six games could have been the product of a Yankee fan's morbid imagination. But it's true. We have stunk up Tampa and Kansas City. We can only hope the stench stayed in the mid-west instead of travelling with the team home to Boston. But last night was ugly any way you look at it. Things have to get better.
Details? You want details? Read the sports section. The box score alone will tell you much more than you wanted to know. I can sum up the 6 game trip from hell. We won one, lost five, fell behind the Yankees when we could have narrowed the gap, and fell off the wild card pace. And that's it. More space is not needed. We play the first of three against the Orioles tonight, at Fenway. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. Let's hope that's true. We need to string some wins together. In the worst way.

10 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 6:38 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks for reading and visiting, Jo-Ann...I'm going to check out your blogs a little later today.

 
At 8/11/2006 7:12 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

what baffles me were the 8 Ks he had too!!! that game just made no sense to me...

at least the Yankees lost too. there were effective Sox *somewhere* last night. but i am tired of relying on a Yankees loss to make the night tolerable.

here we go, Red Sox, here we go...

 
At 8/11/2006 10:09 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Listen.....ssshhh...can you hear it too?? Dawn? scrrrape scraaaaape....that's the bottom of the barrel. Pleeeeeze!

 
At 8/11/2006 12:47 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I was playing poker last night and the bar had on the Yankees game but at one point was showing other scores. I could barely read them (I don't wear my glasses to the bar) but I saw the Sox score said 1-0. I had no idea what inning or anything but the thought I had at that exact moment was "Peter's blog will be happy tomorrow!" Little did I know that was NOT a final score by any means. It sucks, I know. It truly does.

 
At 8/11/2006 2:05 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Amy, wow, you thought of me and the blog.....and I try my best to remain smiling. But these are trying times, times that you make easier by just reading me! And Jonathon...does 10-1 sound good? I hope someone is listening....

 
At 8/11/2006 3:41 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

hey,
I posted finally!
-kaylee

 
At 8/11/2006 4:28 PM, Blogger Julie said...

what sucks is that schill did awesome for the first 7, then imploded in the 8th. yet there was no way to know that he would, because his pitch count was low going into the inning. i already had him lined up for his 15th win and i was so excited. then he blew it.
-julie

 
At 8/11/2006 4:30 PM, Blogger BS Memorial said...

I really, really think they should trade Schilling RIGHT NOW.

 
At 8/11/2006 4:41 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

are YOU JOKING?trade schilling?what kind of sox fan are u?i hope so!
-kaylee

 
At 8/12/2006 7:01 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

He's not being serious kaylee. Tim is a jokester, a good one, too. That's a compliment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home