Wednesday, August 30, 2006

An 8-20 August.........So Far

That's a pretty dreadful month. And there are two games in two days left to go. Yesterday in Oakland, Josh Beckett and Manny Delcarmen were just fine, holding the A's to 2 runs. But the bats, or at least the bats in the line up, were mostly silent as the Sox took one on the chin yet again, 2-1. A day game and then the team is Mass. bound. At least the starting times will be back to normal. The team's performance? That's to be determined.
On the injury front, it looks like Trot and Tek will be back this weekend. And Gonzo too! Big Papi stayed in the hospital last night, and we await word. Those tests take time. Manny is in Boston too, still hobbled. And much the same word on Jon Lester, who is also back home.
These are tough times. It takes a special breed of fans to make it through. Do you have what it takes? I do. I'll be back later, when the cloud obscured sun makes an appearance in the eastern skies.

7 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Iain said...

Do you have what it takes?

I would have, if only they'd stop playing games at 4am! ;-)

 
At 8/30/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Good point...I hadn't thought of that. And here I am complaining about the 10PM EDT starts!

 
At 8/30/2006 12:06 PM, Blogger Jess said...

At least there's a day game today.
Despite the late night yesterday, hopefully this is all they need to kick it back into gear.

 
At 8/30/2006 12:28 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

We stay with our boys, no matter type of team they put on the field. Go Sox!!

 
At 8/30/2006 1:20 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Yes, yes, and yes. I love you guys! Boy, am I lucky, or what? Psss...I am.

 
At 8/30/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& I'll be there Saturday Evening @ 7:05PM:

40th Anniversary of 1st MLB Game;

With the power missing, it'll feel like the '66 Mets;

But, I WILL have fun, before & during the game.

 
At 8/30/2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know you will. And the weather will be so perfect for outside fun. I have no idea what the score is right now at 4:57. I'd better find out! No radio. Safe trip upcoming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home