Saturday, July 01, 2006

July 1, 2006...A Prediction. Remember It!

And here is that prediction, a feeling, a sense of something before that something is going to happen. With me, it starts as a brain spark, and then travels into sensitive, ready to type while listening to that inner ear voice (my left ear) fingers. And I cannot continue with life until commiting it to paper, or in this case, to blogness. So.......... we will all be deliriously happy when Matt Clement comes back to slide into the number five slot. Pitching without any pain, I say right here, right now, on 7-1-06, that he will be back to his pre All-Star last year form. Going out on a limb? Hell yeah! There's a beautiful breeze way up here, and the people passing by, doing their normal everyday activities, all have that contented, half smile, half 'Wow, it's such a beautiful day today' look on their faces. And I wouldn't even think of leaving this, my perch, until this beautiful feeling passes. So look up, and if you see a happy handsome guy sitting up in a tree, smiling like all is right with his world, wave. I WILL wave back. And smile.

3 Comments:

At 7/01/2006 11:47 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

my biggest concern is that Matty's problems don't lie in his arm but somewhere due north of there. pain can be overcome. sheer (though completely understandble) terror of being hit by the baseball isa more daunting obstacle. do you think we could get him to pitch in a batting helmet? of the Michelin Man suit? (suggestions courtesy of my good friend with whom i share many Red Sox-related exchanges)

 
At 7/01/2006 11:53 PM, Blogger MattySox said...

Peter, that may be the single most prepostorous prediction I have ever heard. Absolutely ri-fucking-diculous. And I hope you're right.

 
At 7/02/2006 6:40 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I can see that Michelin suited guy right now, on the mound. And Matty, I hope I'm right too. If not, this post will come back to haunt me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home