Thursday, July 13, 2006

3 For Now. 6 Would Be Nice

That's right. Let's turn the 3 game lead we now have over the Yankees to a 6 game bulge. The schedule? 26 of the next 38 games are at our Friendly Fenway. That is huge. There are big questions looming over the team, however. Mike Timlin...he's already been sidelined once this season, and after appearing in 72 games last year coupled with the fact that he is over 40 years old, will he be a force in the second half? If Terry Francona uses him wisely, I say yes. Curt Schilling....we've heard nary a peep since that rocket bounced off his upper right arm during his Sunday start. Will he be OK for Saturday? That I cannot answer. And lastly, at least for starters, is Tim Wakefield and his back. He is slated to go Sunday. Again, I've heard no updates during this oh so needed break. So we will find out soon enough. David Wells' knee is said to be no closer to game ready, and he is way out of shape. See ya Boomer. You had a great career. Tough way to go out. You deserve better. Keith Foulke? His arm has not responded the way he, and we, wanted it to. Time will tell. Hence the influx of young and terrific pitching talent we've been lucky enough to see. And lastly, Manny's knee. We can only hope. There has been no MRI done on it, or so I hear, so any reports of a tear here or a tear there are pure speculation.
BOTTOM LINE.......this is the time to turn that 3 into a 6, or higher. Let's hope the above injuries allow us to. No matter what, shortly after 7 PM, PLAY BALL! And I'm ready.

12 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 7:54 AM, Blogger Julie said...

hey peter
i haven't really heard anything about keith foulke. i'm assuming that he hasn't made much progress. if, and it's a big if, we can get past all our nagging injuries, we are in for quite the second half, especially with all our home games
-julie

 
At 7/13/2006 8:02 AM, Blogger Julie said...

and i loveee the statcounter. someone viewed my blog from japan! like, what? how are they finding it?
-julie

 
At 7/13/2006 9:41 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Julie, I am the answer man again for you. On the top of your blog is a clickable space where you can randomly go to another blog, in no particular order. That's how people from places anywhere on the planet end up on the statcounter. And 200 plus hits in one day is great. It took a while for me to generate that. Kaylee helps, bless her heart, because usually each day she hits me 20 times or so. Not that I mind. I love the comments you BOTH leave. And Alex, thanks for visiting. You heard right about Keith. Take care, both of you.

 
At 7/13/2006 10:54 AM, Blogger Julie said...

ok thanks peter i was wondering how the heck they found me! but i dont mind or anything =)
and i think kaylee amounts for about half my hits as well. (i could be wrong)
which is just fine!
-julie

 
At 7/13/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee is great. She's in a later time zone. I'm never on the computer, barring a national Sox emergency, after 8. But I am UP early. My posts are usually before 7am...the mood and the words flow. Bye.

 
At 7/13/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

To add to Julie's question and Peter's answer. I've also noticed that as soon as you put up a new post on your blog, someone will randomly find it when hitting "next blog." New posts must go into some kind of queue on Blogger or something....

 
At 7/13/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Julie, he's right. Also you should check out his blog, linked at the right...thanks Q.

 
At 7/13/2006 2:06 PM, Blogger Julie said...

thanks q, that makes a lot of sense.
i'm going to go check out your blog now =)
-julie

 
At 7/13/2006 2:29 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Hey Peter,
I thought I would stop by this morning-afternoon and say HI!
What is Keith on the DL for?
A 6 game lead would bee nice Lol.
Just thought I would check in lol.
-kaylee

 
At 7/13/2006 4:21 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee, KF has been disabled with pain in his right arm/elbow for the last 3 weeks or so...we might not have him back for a too long time. And Alex....I'm good! Keep reading every day...please!
Oh, Kaylee, I was beginning to worry about you. I hadn't heard from you in a comment all day! Take care.

 
At 7/13/2006 7:09 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

peter,
i am here short day when you get out bed at 1230Pm go to go watch the game
-kaylee

 
At 7/14/2006 7:21 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I watched the end of the game IN bed. More comfortable! But no computer. Sometimes that's nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home