Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One Word Describes This One-UGLY!!

This was bad. Indescribably bad. Beckett was crucified. Van Buren was impeached. Riske was skewered. By then, it was 13-3. Deal Or No Deal time on NBC. Yes,that's right, I bailed on this one. I wasn't the only one.
Fastballs dealt by Beckett acquired jet packs and zoomed to every corner of Yankee Stadium. In 1 and 2/3 innings, he allowed 7 hits and 8 runs. 8 runs. Yes, 8 runs. Ex-Prez Van Buren went an inning, giving up one hit but 5 runs. Yes, 5 runs. And David Riske didn't give up any runs of his own, but added to the Van Buren total. The last 3 meaningless innings were thrown by Tavarez and Delcarmen.
I turned the page last night, around 8:30, when the TV was switched from NESN to NBC. Tonight will be different. My goodness, how could it be the same? And the date today, 6/6/06. An omen? Well, the devil's got my tounge.

3 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 12:13 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I just couldn't watch anymore after the fourth inning.
Had to go home and weep.

Hopefully today, with the no-name pitcher, we'll do better?
It could happen!

 
At 6/06/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

We know his name, and I know what he and his teamates are capable of, and WILL do tonight. Faith. I love that word.

 
At 6/07/2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& Sutcliffe is an annoying Blohole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home