Sunday, June 11, 2006

JULIA

Jon Lester and his teamates sat. And sat. And waited out a rain delay of more than 4 hours. I have to tell you, from the look of the radar at 5pm or so, I didn't know when they'd be able to play. But play they did, and Jon Lester pitched 4 and 1/3 innings, and threw more than 100 pitches. Afterwards, he said this...."I threw a lot of pitches in four innings. That's the biggest thing right now, to try to keep my pitching efficiency to a minimum," said Lester, who threw 102 pitches. "I was just happy to get the first one under my belt and get it done with." And done with it is, with Julia Tavarez, being the bum that he is, giving up the go ahead runs to the Rangers in another uninspiring performance. There are many other words I could have used in place of "uninspiring", but it's Sunday morning. I won't give in to the temptation.
On the bright side, Tek continued his offensive resurgence, and Manny hit a monster shot, but it was too little too late. We also saw Keith Foulke back on the mound, but he gave up a moon sot in the 9th for 2 runs, and that put it out of reach. But it was Julia who was the loser. Jon Lester, without having to wait for what seemed like a week in the dugout for his next start, will be just fine, thank you.
2 to play today, at noon and 5 or so. With Moose and his teamates losing yesterday, we stay 1 game up in the lost column. We need 2 today, and the weather will be just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home