Saturday, June 10, 2006

Foulkie Sighting To Come.....TODAY, If Needed.

That's if we need him, in either game. This from today's Item......."BOSTON - While the Red Sox expect to get one reliever back today, they're going to be a little more conservative with another, and have sent a third back to Pawtucket.
Keith Foulke, sidelined with back problems for the last week, should be available for today's doubleheader against the Rangers.
"He was kind of wanting to make himself available for (last night), which is good," said manager Terry Francona. "But we've waited this long. My point being, OK, if we've waited this long, when you're ready to pitch in a game, let's not throw you back for another week."
Meanwhile Mike Timlin, who has been on the disabled list with a right shoulder strain and is eligible to be activated today, is not expected to see action until the team heads back out on the road, Tuesday in Minnesota."
***Peter here, and you know what Tom Petty said way back when.. "The waiting is the hardest part." And that's true. But being without Keith, AND Mike Timlin, and we're still in first place?? How great is that. And we'll see Mike back in 3 or 4 days. The bridge to Paps, redone, repaired, and back for us to enjoy. Sweeeet. As are you, my readers. Just saying that still floors me. Maybe some day, I'll get used to saying that. But until then, I'm going to work my butt off to keep ya coming back. My weapon of choice? Words. Red Sox words. Good and bad, but well written (I Hope). So far so good. I hpe y'all agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home