Thursday, April 20, 2006

This Is A Shame

From the Globe......"Keith Foulke pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning with a strikeout last night, but said prior to the game that the benefits of the Synvisc injections he received in his knees during spring training have begun to lessen, as he's feeling some of the same aches he felt before the injections were given.
Foulke said the knees are ''still feeling uncomfortable." He said the good feeling he had in the knees not long after the shots has ''regressed over the last three weeks."
***Peter here, and this news surprises me. I was under the impression that the shots SHOULD be effective for months. That's what the doctors originally said in print, and that was also true in the case of my friend and co-worker who had the shots in one knee a few months ago. She is still feeling the relief. She is not an athelete, however. But she does carry around a lot more weight than Keith does, and the knees take the everyday pounding from that weight. And so I thought Keith would be OK until mid-season or so. If the relief is so quick lasting, I would have to spend some time thinking about which way to go if I was Mr. Foulke. I mean, what has it been? Less than a month, for sure. This is the only negative story I've heard since Coco was sidelined. I know Wells went down, but I, as others I'm sure, think that is a blessing in disguise. Here's wishing you the best, Keith. We need you out there, in the 7th or the 8th, to hold on to the slim leads that seem almost daily occurances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home