Monday, March 06, 2006

Thoughts Are On Kirby Now, On A Monday Afternoon. And Feeling Sad...

Thinking right now, just the general type of "let your mind wander and think about life" type of thinking, which usually happens in the quiet darkness of a sleepless night, something like.... what's in store for the next few days, maybe the next few months? And I came to the same mind conclusion every time....so..... I had to write about the quality of life and the subject of baseball itself, and when you talk about the difference, well, there is life. And he is (and hopefully never will I have to put him in the past tense) and will be a kind person who is a mentor for the younger players today. When Torii Hunter heard the news yesterday before the game with our Sox, he could not even play. I feel. I so do feel...... Good luck Kirby. We always will love you, even though you were on "the other team, and they were so damned good." You are what we all strive to be. Hey , I'm just a guy from Connecticut, a Red Sox fan, all my so far life. But I saw your energy in centerfield. I saw your influence with people lucky enough to have had the luck to play baseball with you. So, I believe you will survive.

3 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirby Puckett was one of those players I always loved to watch - it didn't matter what team he played for.

My heart is heavy and my prayers are with him.

 
At 3/06/2006 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, I didn't get a chance to email you this weekend...but I wanted to let you know that Billy Joel did, indeed, sing "Goodnight Saigon" at the show I went to (it triggered a later 'incident' with the jerkwad who gabbed through the whole thing!).

Can't wait to hear about the show...you must be excited for the date to get here!

 
At 3/06/2006 4:00 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

He has two or three similar but a little different set lists, and the first night in a city, such as this Friday, he should be doing Saigon. I can't wait, and you'll see an early Saturday review from me here, right here. And maybe a couple of "before the show" pics. Thanks for being Cyn, Cyn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home