Thursday, February 09, 2006

Speeding Ticket Part 3-THE END!!

All things must pass, as George Harrison said, and finally my saga with a speeding ticket has ended. Read parts 1 and 2, dated Dec. 12 and Dec.19 first, if you wish. In a nutshell, I got a speeding ticket for going 54 in a 40 zone. My bad. I paid the ticket, pleading guilty and sending in a check. Roughly a week later I received a letter from the Superior Court State of Connecticut ordering me to report to the courthouse on Jan. 9th. Why, they did not say. WHAT THE FUCK? When I called the clerk's office to find out, she said there was another charge that had to be resolved in court. For a simple speeding ticket?
My lawyer (needing a lawyer for a speeding ticket is a new one for me. First time last time) went to court, where the prosecuter said he THOUGHT there was a reckless driving charge on the ticket itself, but he had not seen it. My lawyer pointed out that the policeman had written down the wrong plate number to begin with, so the prosecuters were mixed up. What they needed to see was the original ticket handed to me by the cop. There were no other charges, or I never would have pled guilty and paid the fine. I knew that. They didn't. What, me worry? No way. Bothered? Yes way.
Now we come to today, the second court date, lawyer's fees growing quicker than pot under a gro-light. Wait, did I say that outloud? The prosecuters realized there was NEVER a reckless driving charge involved at all, and with the confusion over the wrong plate number and other tidbits of facts that were never clear to them, they threw the whole fucking thing out, including the speeding charge. The $200 I paid originally was returned to me, but that's just going to the lawyer when I get his bill. All in all, yes, a snafu. But a snafu that's over! YES! Idiots.They're everywhere! But I'm a happy guy now that this infernal little thing that has been tugging at the back of my mind is no longer there to tug. With that, I take a bow and say later, readers. I'm a free man!!!!

11 Comments:

At 2/09/2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always hated gonzo. Hated that laugh on his face after he celebrated a BLOOP single in the 9th to win it. Come on? It wasn't even a real hit.. he can't touch Mariano Rivera. Rivera has over 38 postseason saves-- thats more then many closers can do in a season. Just one of those players that I will always hate lol.
evilsnare

 
At 2/09/2006 1:03 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

What does that have to do with anything I wrote here in this post? And how can you compare him to Mo Rivera, who is a closer, or should I say THE closer. See, you'll get respect here, evil, just please put your comments after the correct post so I can figure out what you're talkin' 'bout, And hey, your blog looks good. After every yankee loss, I'll be there. I'll talk smart, just like I ask you to talk here, but with a twist of Sox love.

 
At 2/09/2006 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bad, I wanted to comment about the other post but because it was a secondary post I decided to post the comment in the more recent one. Lol I don't usually check comments from old posts so. And oh yeah, I'll be here right after every Red Sox loss--which mean's I'll be here often. Let me just make this my homepage =)
Evilsnare

 
At 2/09/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

That means you'll be here about 60 times!!

 
At 2/09/2006 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to add you under links but I have no idea how to do that. Lol I was just trying for nearly 40 minutes..
evilsnare

 
At 2/10/2006 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean our comments are supposed to have something to do with your post? I'm sorry, I live in a parallel universe.

Your leviathan with traffic court over a simple traffic ticket makes me glad that I haven't recently interacted with the American Justice System, except for avoiding Jury duty.

 
At 2/10/2006 6:53 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Umair, I had no clue either. My nephew did them. Ask Cyn--she has the same type of blog set-up as you.

 
At 2/10/2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Jere said...

So, like, does anyone realize that the red Sox shortstop is Alex Gonzalez and the guy who got the winning (beautiful) hit in the '01 series against Mo was Luis Gonzalez? Or am I missing something here?

I mean, I can see confusing Alex with the other Alex Gonzalez, but Alex Gonzalez and Luis Gonzales aren't even close.

I also saw Luis right outside Elaine's last season after he played a game over at Shea, by the way. Had I had more time, I would have told him what a great jon he did getting that hit off of Mr. Greatest of All Time.

 
At 2/10/2006 3:55 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Clueless, somehow. Not me.

 
At 2/10/2006 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Sidd Finch.

I mean WTF PeterN.

But just to be contrary, glad your ticket thing panned out. I'm off to see the (gulp) Tax Attorney tomorrow.

The I.R.S. = Theirs

Damn

 
At 2/10/2006 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW: You DID say that outloud you silly boy.

And Black lights are even better, LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home