Gentleman's Quarterly and Their List of The Ten Most HATED Atheletes In Sports
I do not read this publication, but I found this list to be enertaining and somewhat surprising. Here we go.....
10) LLeyton Hewitt, tennis player. "Disliked by every other player on the international circut."
9) A.J. Pierzynski, White Sox catcher. " He'll deliberately step on your foot at first base, then say, 'Man, I didn't mean to do that."'
8) Phil Mickelson, Golfer. "Literally has no friends out there. He annoys everybody.
7) Bonzi Wells, player for the Sacremento Kings. "It doesn't bother him that his unhappiness infects the entire team."
6) Michael Iaconelli, Bass fisherman. "Loud brash New Jerseyite." Jeez, so are a lot of people, and they don't fish! (That's me talking.)
5)Kobe Bryant, L.A. Laker player. "Even his coach said he was uncoachable. If his coach is saying it, you can be sure the players are saying it."
4)CURT SCHILLING, PITCHER, BOSTON RED SOX. "Some of his peers raise doubts about THE BLOODY SOCK."" All around baseball, people questioned that, says an ex-teamate (wonder who?). "It's funny how the stain didn't spread." ( Now that's a lot of bullshit from a player who probably is no longer a member of the team. I know Schill sometimes comes across as a jerk for always putting his thoughts right out there, but he'll prove his worth on the mound, again, this year, a surprising one for all of us, and in a great way.
3)Kurt Busch, NASCAR driver. " Said his sponser, "There have been far better champions in Nascar, and we wish we'd had one."
2)BARRY BONDS, San Francisco Giants. "Once dubbed the team's MDP - Most Despised Player."
1) TERRELLL OWENS (what a surprise!~) "Cograts, Terrell."
*********Honorable mentons.......Yankess' Alex Rodriguez and Randy Johnson ( I agree. Oh boy, do I agree. That should go without saying. I mean, this is Peter talkin') And finally,The Dodger's Jeff Kent......THAT'S THE LIST, MY READERS. YOUR COMMENTS WOULD BE GREAT. AND EVEN I AGREE THAT CURT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THAT LIST. But remember - this was a player opinion type of list. Hope you enjoyed. As Richard Pryor said in the movie SILVER STREAK, "We aims to please!"