Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 For Better Or Worse. Happy New Year.

Dick Clark looked a little worse for wear after his stroke, but I say good for him. His road to get to where is is now was and still is a road paved in Hell and brought to the surface. He is understandable and his speech will only get better. It was impossible to tell how much his left side weakness affects his ability to walk, but just the fact that he was on the New Years show on national TV tells one much about his courage. Way to go Dick!
Another storm is racing towards the Northeast and will provide a mixture of unpleasantness to all but the kids who are sure to have school postponed until Wednesday. Yes, an extra day of vacation. Way to go weather! I actually lived for snow days while in school, and the same feeling comes over me here in younger middle age as a storm approaches. At least twice a year a big snowstorm should be mandated by law. I'll gladly be the State of Connecticut official in charge of things, with an open palm to all.
As we all know, January will eventually slide into February, and talk of Spring Training will surface. There is much for the club known as the Red Sox to do before then, and I hope they do it, whatever the it shall be. Enough about them for now.
I wish you, my readers, health and happiness for the coming year. In fact, I've found that if you have your health, happiness is a much more easily attainable goal. It comes naturally, while if you are sick, misery and unhappiness follow naturally. Take the former path, not the latter. I wish you that former path, healthy and bright eyed and singing in the shower, maybe even harmonizing! Depends on the size of the shower. Mine has a capacity of 2 people with plenty of room surrounding for whatever.
Have a great Sunday January first, and an even better Monday January second, and then it's back to the regular weekly routine. May your routines surprise you in their diversity. And to that certain person in Monroe, all this goes triple for you.

2 Comments:

At 1/02/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Jere said...

I love the snow day. I used to root for them. People would say, "But then you'll end up going to school extra in June." But that meant nothing to me in January. Besides, all we did in June was count down the days anyway. It was a great trade, I thought.

I would root for plagues if it meant missing a day of school.

 
At 1/04/2006 3:47 PM, Blogger Contact me! said...

Thanks for your post on Dick.

At the time of my own post, I was wholly unaware he'd suffered a stroke. Admittedly, I have not been tuning in to Access Hollywood as frequently as I should.

Upon learning of his condition, I hastily removed my post - in which I basically claimed to have seen CGI claymation that appeared more alive). A comment so insensitive would have been curiously funny if Dick were simply old, but since the man has been through a crippling stroke, it came off as blatantly cruel. That was not my intention - so thanks for alerting me to the true nature of his condition.

So back to New Years. Good for Dick, yes, that he made such phenomenal progress. Good for ratings, too, I should say. We sure have become a morbid bunch, if encouragingly so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home