Friday, December 02, 2005

That's My Ball. No, It's Mine! And Another Yankee Heads to a Better Place.

Well, it's getting down and dirty. What is? The "debate" over the ownership of the baseball that was the last one utilized in the 4th and final game of the 2004 season, an unforgetable one to all of us. Is it Dougie M ? Or the Boston Red Sox? Or do the courts and just about everyone else have more important life and death issues to deal with? YES YES YES. By the way, I think I'm going to sue for rightful ownership of the baseball that in Little League I hit out for a home run to win a game. That ball meant everything to me, now that I've had a few decades to think about it. You know, when they say it's best to take your time instead of coming to a snap decision, now I see the point.
In other real-life news, it looks like another pinstriper is about to become an ex-pinstiper. Tom Gordon, I salute you and wish you well closing for the Phils. And in this I am sincere. He's a nice guy. I guess the girl that loves him, who is probably in her early 20s now, will have to relocate. You remember...Stephen King's tome THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON. Too bad that mere weeks after it was published Flash's career was put on hold by injury. If you haven't read it, it's an enjoyably quick and harmless read that I would recommend. On that note, until next time, take care. I love every one of you, but I hope there are more than one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home