Thursday, December 29, 2005

Serious Sirius Sweetness

Well, I finally bought a Sirius sat. radio, mostly because I will be able to listen to Howard Stern when he starts on Jan. 9th. I'm a big enough fan to pay 40 cents a day for his show, not to mention the other music and talk stations available. But it's 99% Howard that is the reason I bought it to begin with. Now, I have many trees in the front and backyard, and it seems like the signal is coming through the barren branches of winter just fine. In April most every year, the leaves start their life cycle, and good reception might be an iffy thing. If so, it'll be like a great radio that's only going to work for 4 months. But they do give you a 30 foot cord that I'm not using that might have to be used to find another sweet spot for the radio's antenna. I think those sweet spots are going to be few and far between, but if you knew me you'd know that if there's a way, I WILL FIND IT. At the worst, Sirius comes through great through the computer, and with an inexpensive FM transmitter, which is built in to the radio, by the way (Howard on all floors), things will be back to where they are now and I'll have a barely used surplus radio in great shape. I hope the leaf-blockeage doesn't happen. I really do. I wish I could go forward through this blog to find out, but then this wouldn't be a blog, it would be a Twilight Zone type of time machine. Whoa....don't need that. Please, I have my hands full with the present, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home