Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Minus Eight Degress Fahrenheit Is Too Damn Cold!

That's right. I wake up and shower to begin the day. Every day. Most days, but clearly not all (thank goodness), shaving is also involved. Going downstairs to inch up the thermostat to a daytime warmth of 68. I head to the themometer which in addition to inside temperature, also displays the outdoor temp. The sensor is mounted on a wooden post, facing North and 6 feet from the snow-covered ground. And it said minus eight point five degrees Fahrenheit (-8.5). Now that's too cold for this time of year. With any wind, a deadly combination that we call wind chill rears its ugly head. We won't go there.
Sparse Sox news that can be called new, so I'll check in later as something gets my fingers on these keys again.

2 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 7:35 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Don't forget your booties cuz it's cold out there today. It's cold out there every day.

 
At 12/15/2005 6:58 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Your pic looks a little like Jim Morrison, at least from that angle. I know who it really is, and I hope he's not a FORMER Sox player coming up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home