Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Manny Auction and A Letter To Sir Manny Himself.

So I hear Manny is auctioning off some of his memorabilia from his Red Sox days, which I still believe are not over. I hope he soon realizes this. In fact, I'll speak directly to him, in that I know from a friend of a friend's first cousin's best friend's father that he does read this blog, or its sister Spanish language cousin. "Manny, I hope this greeting finds you healthy and well. We know you are wealthy. Oh, and you're batting fourth and playing left field on the 2006, yes 2006 Red Sox team. We will applaud you. We will yell and scream and drink and fornicate...well, scratch the fornication. We will ADORE YOU. Just stay. We can't get shit in equal value in a trade, so stay in warm sunny Fenway, where the faithful will embrace you while giving you your private space which is so important to you and your family. Dr. Big Papi will be there, getting on base for you to drive in runs torridly throughout the season, the season that we shall call from now on THE SEASON OF LOVE. With love and faith in my heart Manny, Peter N., a fan forever." (cc to Reb..where are ye girl?) You see, readers, when you end things with a mention of Reb, good things start to happen.

5 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Peter.
I've been reading your comments on my son Jere's blog for some time so I thought I would say hello and tell you how much I enjoy those comments.
I like to think Manny is just being Manny and he isn't going anywhere.
Finally, I see you're from Farmington. I am having a reading/book signing for my new book, Girls of Tender Age, at the W. Hartford Library on Jan. 12 at 7PM. I hope you can come and say hello.
"A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Territory's" mom.

 
At 12/20/2005 10:37 AM, Blogger Iain said...

That's the paradoxical beauty of all this, isn't it? Even after all the "Should I stay or should I go?" stuff, if Manny decides to stay, we, Red Sox Nation, will still love him.

 
At 12/20/2005 10:47 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wow, first hello to you, Jere's Mom. I've never met him in person, but I do feel that I know him. And I know he reads my blog once in a while if not more.
I will do my best to be at the library, as my hometown IS West Hartford. I hope I am in town. And to Iain, who always sneaks a Springsteenism into his comments or writing somehow, thanks for visiting and I hope you can return a few days a week. I like to make people smile while life goes on all around me. As Bruce said himself in Jungleland, sometimes I "stand back and let it all be," and marvel at the process. Take care to both of you.

 
At 12/20/2005 3:43 PM, Blogger Jere said...

TJ, mom, for calling me a yankee fan.

 
At 12/20/2005 3:47 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wow, I didn't notice the transposition in your Mom's comment. But still, GJ for reading my blog, Jere's Mom. And I think many of us know what GJ and TJ mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home